Saturday, December 31, 2011

Photographs found in Antique Store in Cape Girardeau, Missouri

All these photographs I found in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.  But Cape Girardeau is right across the river from Southern Illinois.  Cape is also not far from Western Kentucky.  I like to purchase pictures with names on the back in case someone might recognize them.  But I have to wonder why are there so many scribbles on the backs of some of these photos?  It doesn't bother me as long as they are real scribbles and not someone scribbling on the backs of the photos to help them sell.  Enjoy.


Coy Cobb or maybe Guy Cobb





Henry and Hattie Zimmerman 1904


Marge Hill, John Anderson, Herrin, Illinois

 Not sure why the back of this picture says also "John Anderson".  It clearly has one person in the photo and it is a woman.  Maybe she is John Anderson's friend and the person writing this wanted to remember that.  Not sure.  Anyhow, Herrin, Illinois is in Southern Illinois. Also want to point out that the woman in the picture is in front of a building that says "High School".  I'm not familiar with Herrin High School, so I can't say if that's what the building is or not.


Henry and Margaret Benton
Aug 30, 1944
 I love Naval Men!  They are so handsome in their uniforms!  Lucky woman.  I'm not sure what the word right before Benton is.  Lee maybe.  And I may be wrong in stating their surname is Benton.  Benton could also be the location. There is a Benton, Missouri and a Benton, Illinois near Cape Girardeau.  If I could decipher that one word I might be able to decide if Benton is a surname or location or something else all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment