Friday, April 13, 2012

Grandma Margie Flora Foster

These are all pictures of my Grandma Margie FLORA FOSTER.  She passed away two months after I was born so I never knew her.   I'm not sure where these are taken but here are the most likely locations:  Tunnell Hill, Johnson County, Illinois
                  Crainville, Williamson County, Illinois
                  Carterville, Williamson County, Illinois
                  Highland Park, Michigan
                  Unknown location, Michigan
                  St. Louis, Missouri

Margie grew up in Tunnel Hill and Crainville.  Those locations are home.
Margie's mother, my Great Grandma Maude Ann CHOATE FLORA, passed away when Margie was about 2 or 3 years old.  After that she was raised by older sisters and older brothers who lived at various locations like St. Louis and Michigan. 

Great Grandpa Fred FLORA was still alive, but I guess he couldn't take care of such a young child.
This is not a good subject with my mother.  She says Fred shipped her out because he didn't want the responsibility.







No comments:

Post a Comment